Hey guys. I know I said I'd post some pictures from 4-H Round Up, but I may have lost a lot of the pictures. we will just have to wait and see. Instead I'm going to show y'all picture from the 4-H Fair yesterday, where I entered two cakes. (As well as salsa, tomatoes, pickles, cucumber, peppers, and the like. but I want to focus on the cakes.)
^^ One was a decorated cake, ^^
(I got second place)
I saw the idea for making a 3D chocolate Butterfly with a book, and I loved it.
I just so happen to know someone with a chocolate tempering machine, so my Mom and I asked him if this was something we could feasibly do. He said 'absolutely'.
That night we met up with and he taught us the basics.
and then he let us get creative.
It was so much fun. Seriously, once you get the hang of it that is. The first couple of shapes I made where terrible, but as you can see the practice helped a lot and the on I used on the cake looked pretty good.
^^ the second cake I made was a layered cake. ^^
(I got first place)
This on was also very fun to make.
I got to use this^ pan for the first time. I think it was pretty cool.
It baked like cupcakes.
These are the little cakes that came out, I had to cut the tops off because I did a very bad job at getting each section of the pan filled evenly.
BUT I now have a large bowl of cake cuttings that I am free to eat. :)
and a big bowl of icing too.
With that, I will have to leave you. My little sister's birthday party is tonight and we need to leave.
Adios mi amigos,
Jane Doe








No comments:
Post a Comment